October 9-10, 2018
India Handloom Brand(IHB)
India Handloom brand has been launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India on the occasion of the first National Handloom Day on August 7, 2015. The Handloom Mark Scheme was launched by the Government of India on June 28, 2006 to provide assurance to the consumers about authenticity of handloom products. However, it did not cover the aspect of product quality assurance. Therefore, the India Handloom brand is an initiative for branding of high quality handloom products with zero defects and zero effect on the environment. It would differentiate high quality handloom products and help in earning trust of customers by endorsing their quality in terms of raw materials, processing, embellishments, weaving design and other quality parameters and by ensuring social and environmental compliances in their production.
Objectives of India Handloom Brand
- To earn the trust of consumers by endorsing the quality of handloom products in terms of raw materials, processing, embellishments, weaving design and other quality parameters.
- To ensure social and environmental compliances in production of handlooms.
- To create a niche market space for high quality handloom products which cater especially to the demand for diverse products among the younger generation and export markets with high growth potential.
- To increase the earnings of the weavers.
Benefits of India Handloom Brand
The India Handloom brand initiative is intended to bring the following benefits to various stakeholders of the handloom sector:
- Handloom products with the premium India Handloom brand would be differentiated from other products in terms of quality.
- Through the brand, the customer will be assured that the product quality is high because of proper texture, use of good quality yarns and dyeing with safe dyes which are free from banned amines.
- Weaver entrepreneurs and other manufacturers will take up production and marketing of quality handloom fabrics in bulk within and outside the country.Bulk buyers and exporters will be able to source quality branded fabrics as per their designs.
- Weavers will be able to get bulk orders and higher wages by interacting directly with the market.
- Weaver entrepreneurs and other manufacturers will take up production and marketing of quality handloom fabrics in bulk within and outside the country.